Saturday, January 15, 2011

A card for Katie - for a Special Color Throwdown Dedication

Please visit the Color Throwdown Challenge blog to read a very special stamper/blogger, who is in need of our prayers, support and cards.  Through the Color Throwdown blog, I found out about Katie Renz's fight against cancer.  Then I read her blog...she is so strong and she is so open about her life.  Just in the short time that I've been following her blog, I feel a connection to her.  I don't know if it's because of her "from the heart" style of writing...or because I've watched a family member battle cancer, and can relate to so much of what she's writing about.  Maybe it's both.
If you wish, you can click HERE to visit Katie's blog.

This card is going into the special Color Throwdown Dedication (CTD124) for Katie.  As part of the challenge, you make a card using the challenge colors, link you card to the challenge blog, then send your card along to Katie.  What a wonderful challenge!  A BIG "thank you" to the DT at Color Throwdown for bringing us the opportunity to be involved!

These are the challenge colors ~
This is my card for Katie ~
I so enjoyed making this card.  Even though I don't personally know Katie, it felt good to be making this card for her.
I didn't have any soft sky card stock, so I substituted bashful blue...which, I think, worked well.
In the second photo, you can see a little of the stardust clear that I added to the blooms.  I was so glad to get the chance to use one of the vintage flower adornments, from SU,  that I got just a couple of days ago.  They're SO pretty.
Thank you so much for taking a look at my blog.  I hope you leave a comment...I love reading them!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The recipe:
CS: melon mambo, early espresso, bashful blue, confetti white (SU)
Ink: rose red, early espresso, wild wasabi (SU)
Stamps: because I care, thoughts & prayers (SU)
Other: vintage flower adornment (SU), stardust clear gelly roll pen (Sakura), early espresso grosgrain ribbon (SU), border punch (SU), distressing tool (SU), scor-tape

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for adding your beautiful card to our challenge to honor Katie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I love to read them!

Hey friend! Freshly Made Sketches Challenge

Today, I'm playing along with Freshly Made Sketches #631 Challenge.  A sketch always helps me with a starting point for my cards. There...