Saturday, August 27, 2011

Get Well Soon

One of my Aunt's is recovering from a fall that resulted in a broken finger.  I'm so thankful that she didn't have more serious injuries, but surgery was required.  So, this card is going out to her...along with prayers for a quick recovery.

I'm playing along in the Moxie Fab World, Trigger Tuesday challenge.  Take a look at this inspiration photo.  The design of this room is contemporary, but I can still see feminine touches in the colors, the wall sconces and the flowers.  So, that is where I drew my inspiration from.
The layout of my card came from THIS card I saw on Laura's blog at Doublestick Heaven.  Don't you love that name?  I knew I wanted to CASE her card eventually, and somehow this challenge card felt like the right place for it.  I knew I wanted a block of pink (from that wall in the photo), with accents of black and yellow.
This is what I created.

Ekkk!  This is one of those cards that turned out just as I had seen it in my mind.  Don't you love when that happens?  Hmmm...it would be nice if it happened more often...lol.
I created the flower from some So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, using a technique by Beate that I found on SplitCoastStampers.  It was so much easier to make, than I had thought it would be.  And took just a couple of minutes.  I finished off my ribbon flower with a small black gem.
The sentiment is from a PTI set that I recently purchased.  I'd been eyeing that set for a while now, and finally caved in and purchased it.  I'm so glad I did!  It's a large set and I can see that it will get a LOT of use.

Thanks so much for taking a look today!





Supplies:
card stock: stamper's select white (PTI)
stamps: simple sentiments stamp set (PTI)
patterned paper: pretty in pink print from DSP in color stack (SU), yellow print from english garden pack (Making Memories), black/white pattern from wedding pack (Making Memories)
ribbon: so saffron (SU)
other: gem (Recollectins at Michaels), scor-tape, round paper punch, thread, sewing machine


6 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! This card is stunning Susie, I really LOVE everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I'm glad I could inspire somebody:) thanks for telling me, that was really sweet! your card is beautiful for the moxie fab challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely! Love the combination of papers you chose! And that flower is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and love the ribbon flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Susie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I love to read them!

With Sympathy - Color Hues Challenge

 I'm playing along in the current challenge at Color Hues #83 Cream and Blue challenge.  The inspiration provided by the design team we...