Monday, November 22, 2010

Butterfly birthday wishes

Now that I've finished making my Christmas cards, I need to concentrate on some birthdays!
This card is submitted to 2 challenges.
Curtain Call color challenge Act 57 (over at Stacey's Stamping Stage):
Check out the beautiful inspiration photo that Stacey chose, for this week's color challenge.
 
 The Paper Players Challenge #25 ~ Nance's sketch challenge- check it out, below.
You can click on the links above to get all of the details for these challenges.
  *** Edit *** This card made "A Cut Above" at the Paper Players challenge.
It's fun to combine two challenges into one card!  I have to admit though...even though these are great colors, I struggled to make them work on my card.  I pulled out several packs of discontinued Stampin Up DSP, looking for a way to tie these colors together.  And....ta da!  I found this patterned piece that had nearly all of the colors I needed.  All I had to add was a piece of going gray CS, as the matting behind it.  Then adding the gray crystals pulled it together nicely.  A few dots of Stickles on the punched border added a little more sparkle.  You can never have too much sparkle...IMHO anyway!
Oh sorry...I'm rambling.  Here's my card   :o)

I included several pics, trying to capture the sparkle of the crystals and the Stickles.
Anyway, let me know what you think of my card.  I love reading your comments!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Recipe ~
CS: tempting turquoise, basic gray, whisper white, cajun craze, chocolate chip (all SU)
DSP: sweet pea designer series paper pack (SU) - the butterfly & swirly circle were punched from this, too.
Ink: chocolate chip (SU)
Stamps: on your birthday, seeing spots - I used this on the envelope (SU)
Punches: border punch, butterfly punch, 1 3/4" round punch (SU)
Other: Stickles (Ranger), gray crystals (from my stash)

9 comments:

  1. this is adorable, great designer paper...have a fantastic week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. how adorable! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree--you can never have enough sparkle! Love your take on this week's sketch. So clever to use the circle and butterfly as the two elements. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bling! Great job with the sketch! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! love the bling and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susie, this is such a fun card! I love the funky paper and of course, that bling trail made me smile! :) You can never have to much bling...I completely agree! I also really like the dimension you added to the butterfly wings. Congrats on finishing your Christmas cards, too. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this old dsp. Perfect butterfly and bling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job combining the two challenges with this gorgeous card. The bling is perfect! Love your interpretation of the sketch.
    Thanks for joining the Paper Players again this week.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...I love to read them!

With Sympathy - Color Hues Challenge

 I'm playing along in the current challenge at Color Hues #83 Cream and Blue challenge.  The inspiration provided by the design team we...